In recognition of Veterans Day, Consumer Credit Counseling Service would like to recognize the Veterans Outreach Center. We are very proud to call this agency a partner and would like to thank them for the amazing work they offer the community.
Founded by returning Vietnam Veterans, today’s Veterans Outreach Center remains anchored in our communities and offers a comprehensive portfolio of supportive services designed to meet the needs of veterans and their families. Through the generosity of our communities, all the programs and services are provided free of charge. The mission of the VOC is to serve veterans with compassion and advocate for all who have worn our nation’s uniform so they can RISE and live life to the fullest.
Respect: We treat everyone with dignity and compassion, and we show appreciation for strengths as well as vulnerabilities.
Integrity: We are trust-worthy, honorable, and professional. Taking ownership of our actions and communication is a top priority; we do this by conveying honesty and respect through tone, verbal and non-verbal interactions. We demonstrate fiscal responsibility with all resources.
Service: We believe that service is part of the American fabric and recognize the great sacrifices that are made by all who have worn our nation’s uniform. We are committed to serving our veterans and their families with passion and deep appreciation for their service.
Excellence: We are hard-working, innovative, and creative; we strive for continuous improvement. Our goal is to consistently grow the quality and scope of our services, to better meet the needs of our veterans and their families.
Veterans day deals, discounts, and freebies - https://www.military.com/veterans-day/veterans-day-military-discounts.html
Veteran Crisis Line – 1-800-273-8255 – for 24 hour/7 days a week assistance.
Veterans are encouraged to contact:
- Their closest VA medical facility to enroll for VA healthcare benefits at https://www.va.gov/find-locations.
- Veterans Benefits Administration at 1-800-827-1000 for information on service-connection claims, appeals, and pension (low income), VA home loan certification, education benefits, and employment services.
- A Peer Specialist at the local VA healthcare facility to assist them with navigating the VA at https://www.va.gov/find-locations.
- Veterans needing local vocational assistance can contact their local VA healthcare facility at https://www.va.gov/find-locations.
- The caregiver support program is expanding. Caregivers and Veterans can research more information at https://www.caregiver.va.gov/ or call 1-855-260-3274. Caregivers and Veterans can contact their local VA healthcare facility at https://www.va.gov/find-locations and Chattanooga area Veterans can call 423-893-6500 to talk with the Caregiver Support Coordinator for more details and enrollment information.
- Homeless Veterans should call 1-877-4AID-VET (1-877-424-3838) for assistance.
The Veterans Outreach Center offers a variety of services including job training, employment assistance, legal counseling and more. For more information on the services the VOC provides in Rochester, NY, please visit the website www.veteransoutreachcenter.org or call them at 585.546.1081
In the Chattanooga area Veterans can call Charles Moss at 423-893-6500 ext. 26048.