Congratulations! You're about to take the first step in reclaiming control over your financial health. It all begins with organizing your finances. It may seem overwhelming right now, but we assure you we can help make it easier. We've helped thousands of people like you become debt free
To help us gain a clear picture of your finances and recommend a course of action, please use the outline below to guide you through organizing your financial information. Please note that it's important you provide the most current financial information you have.
Once again, congratulations on embarking on this first step in achieving your goal of becoming debt free. Our counselors are friendly, supportive, certified professionals, and are happy to answer any questions you may have throughout this process.
Let's Get Started!
- Your Monthly Income:
- Gather your most recent pay stubs and jot down your approximate take home pay.
- Your Monthly Living Expenses:
- Gather all of your household and monthly living expenses and have your most recent bills in one pile. (You'll need these when you meet with us in Step 3!)
- Identify Creditors:
- Gather all of your debt information. Since we will need to know who you owe, how much you owe, as well as specific account information, we request that you have either the most recent billing statements available or collection letters if applicable.
- Your Assets:
- We need to know your financial assets, such as a car or home, and the approximate value of each.
Commonly Asked Questions:
Q: What if I don't have the most recent bills or collection letters any more?
We are able to use a copy of your credit report to do the appointment. You may obtain a free copy of your credit report by visiting www.annualcreditreport.com
If you do not have access to the internet, we can pull a copy of your credit report for you for a very small fee. (Please be sure to mention that you will require this service when scheduling your appointment in Step 3).
Q: Does CCCS of Chattanooga try to put a lien on my assets?
No. We simply ask for this information to assist us with setting you up with a budget based on your income and your living expenses. This gives us an accurate picture of your overall financial situation.